The North Carolina Early Childhood Foundation (NCECF) today announced the latest round of employers who have received a Family Forward NC Certification.
These eleven employers represent more than 4,600 North Carolina employees across the state, working in industries as diverse as government, healthcare and nonprofits. That brings the total number of employees working in 39 family friendly workplaces in North Carolina to just over 6,200.
Certified employers have met the standards outlined by NCECF’s Family Forward NC initiative by offering policies and practices that support the health and well-being of North Carolina’s children and families.
The latest Family Forward NC Certified Employers include:
- Aeroflow Healthcare (Asheville)
- Charles Aris, Inc. (Greensboro)
- City of Greensboro (Greensboro)
- City of Reidsville (Reidsville)
- Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro
- Delta Dental of North Carolina (Raleigh, Charlotte, Greensboro)
- Dogwood Health Trust and Impact Health (Asheville)
- North Carolina Budget and Tax Center (Durham)
- Pocket Prep, Inc. (NC)
- Smart Start of Forsyth County (Winston-Salem)
- The Children’s Council of Watauga County, Inc. (Boone)
Family Forward NC improves children’s health and well-being and keeps North Carolina’s businesses competitive by inspiring employer-led change to increase access to research-based, family-friendly practices — big and small — that improve workplace productivity, recruitment and retention; grow a strong economy; and support children’s healthy development. To date, Family Forward NC has engaged with more than 8,700 employers across North Carolina.
The Family Forward NC Employer Certification designates employers that offer best-practice policies in one or more of five main areas:
- paid leave and wages;
- accommodations for pregnant and breastfeeding workers;
- child care;
- health and wellness benefits; and
- scheduling practices.
Family Forward NC defines best-practice policies through:
- the North Carolina Early Childhood Foundation’s Pathways to Grade-Level Reading Measures of Success and Action Frameworks;
- guidance from medical organizations such as the American Academy of Pediatrics or the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists; and
- guidance from our partners in early childhood organizations, including the Child Care Services Association, MomsRising, the North Carolina Breastfeeding Coalition, and others.
Family Forward Certified Employers receive access to exclusive programming to support their continued journey toward becoming family-friendly workplaces, along with marketing materials to help them promote their certification and an employee assessment of current policies and practices. Certified employers are also listed as part of the online Family Forward NC Employer Directory.