Last week, NC Early Childhood Foundation Community Engagement Leader Lisa Finaldi joined an esteemed group of panelists and the UNC School of Government ncIMPACT Initiative for an important conversation about workforce shortages in North Carolina.
Panelists discussed why labor shortages exist in our state and talked about innovative strategies that can help alleviate those labor shortages. Two Family Forward NC workplaces — Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina and Raleigh’s A Place at the Table — were also featured for the way they’ve used family-friendly workplace policies to attract and retain talent.
In addition to Lisa, panelists included:
- Secretary Machelle Baker Sanders, NC Department of Commerce
- Gerald Cohen, Kenan Institute for Private Enterprise
- Lisa Finaldi, Family Forward NC
- Erin Fraher, Sheps Center for Health Services Research
- Danielle Frazier, Charlotte Works
- Gary Salamido, NC Chamber
- (Moderator) Anita Brown-Graham